What Personally Identifiable Information (PII) we collect
Plesk collects and stores PII when you register a new account in Plesk Forum by submitting the corresponding registering form. By definition, Personally Identifiable Information is any information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
When registering an account in Plesk Forum and during your use thereof, Plesk collects and stores the following information for the sole purpose of setting up and maintaining your account in Plesk Forum (the “Purpose”):
• Your nickname
• Your e-mail
• Your gender
• Your birthdate
• Your IP address
• Access credentials
Plesk does not forward any PII (especially email addresses) to third parties without your express permission, unless bindingly and mandatorily required by applicable laws or prosecution authorities.
What information is collected automatically
Plesk Forum gathers certain information automatically and stores it in log files for the purpose of protection and understanding of our user base. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and movements around the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Plesk does not link automatically-collected data to other personally identifiable information. All log files are subject to a revolving deletion cycle.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on your computer, tied to information about you. Plesk may use all kinds of cookies. This may either include cookies which terminate and/or erase once you close your browser or log out or cookies stored on your computer for an extended timeframe.
Cookies used on the Plesk Forum do not contain, store or process personally identifiable information (PII) in any way.
You can block cookies in your web browser’s preferences, though this might disable certain features you may find convenient.
How we use your personal data
Plesk may use your information as follows:
• To identify you, provide you technical support services. Plesk Forum requires user identification to keep track of your created threads and messages. If requested, Plesk may also send you notifications regarding the course of investigation, and new updates in overall case progress.
• To improve quality of our services. We may invite you to participate in a survey to get your feedback about our Plesk Forum services. Such surveys are typically conducted throughout the case processing and after the issue is solved. Additionally, we may use your information for internal analysis of Plesk Forum Services.
• To handle requests for 3rd party components integrated with Plesk. We may create internal requests to the developers of 3rd party components that are working in collaboration with us. Such 3rd party components are Kolab and Acronis. List of 3rd party is subjected to change.
Links to other websites
Plesk Forum discussions may contain links to other websites. These websites may or may not be affiliated with Plesk.
Information access & update
You may access, update or delete your account information anytime, to change your name, e-mail, or company name, by asking for assistance by the Plesk Forum administrator email@example.com or refer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information retention & termination
Plesk only maintains your PII for as long as it is required to provide the assistance to you on Plesk Forum.
Plesk will retain your user account and associated PII for as long as any of the following conditions apply:
• Your account has been active in the past 36 months.
• You have not terminated your account.
When your PII is no longer needed to serve the purpose of its collection, Plesk periodically removes the data by terminating the user account and wiping out PII associated with it.
If you wish to terminate your account, you may submit the request in your "Personal Details > Settings > Delete Your Account". After that, you will have a Grace Period of 3 days to cancel your request. After such Grace Period, your account and all associated personal data will entirely be deleted from all servers and from the Plesk Forum, whereas your posts may remain visible as originating from an anonymous user. For further assistance, please contact the Plesk Forum Administrator at email@example.com.
Cross-border disclosure of data
If you do not agree with the updated terms, you may request account termination as specified above.
Acceptance of this policy